To raise awareness of energy conservation with office workers through an engaging, online interface.
The tool is developed by The Carbon Trust to help people working in offices understand how to save energy. It allows workers to make pledges to change behaviour to save energy.
Where can it be found
Dorset County Council
How it has been used to date
It is being trialed in County Hall. It will then be applied to any changes to office space that are carried out in Dorset County Council.
- It is very easy to use and has been produced by the Carbon Trust so it has credibility and the figures in the tool are all referenced to the work of the Carbon Trust.
- It has work, home and quiz parts to it which helps to engage the users on a number of different levels.
- It has a management reporting tool which collects together information on how it is being used.
- It is computer based so cannot be easily used by members of staff who do not regularly access a computer.
- Cannot quickly be changed regularly so is likely to become a little stale over time.
- The focus is on carbon reduction so other sustainability issues such as recycling are not included.
Approximately £4,000 to set up for up to 250 users, plus an annual support fee. Contact the Carbon Trust for up to date pricing.